Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Best Wishes by Down This Road Designs

I have been making a lot of hybrid projects lately! I love hybrid because I can create on the computer and then have a physical project too! Sometimes the mess of cutting with scissors can be so fun! (Well, I am a hairdresser, so I do love my scissors!!) I created these two fun hybrids with a new kit by Down This Road Designs called Best Wishes. The color scheme is to die for and the shabby feel is just fabulous! I found this tutorial on Paper Roses by ScrappyCath and I decided I had to make some roses! The shabby papers in this kit just looked like they needed to be made into roses! lol! Aren't they pretty? I had so much fun making them! I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with them - I will eventually use them to decorate something - but for now they are sitting on the shelf of my computer desk and every time I look at them they make me smile. I think that is a perfect use for them! :) Even my husband was impressed with the flowers. So thanks ScrappyCath for your awesome tutorial! My now beautified Computer Desk thanks you too! lol!

The next project I made is a fun card using a template from the "It's In The Cards Challenge" at Scrapmatters. Twice a month they have a hybrid card challenge and give out a FREE template! The one I used for this card is by Deb. Don't you just adore the tan paper with the light blue flowers? I'm not a big fan of wallpaper - but I could definitely see myself wallpapering a bathroom with it! lol! Seriously, I love it! :) The flowers in this kit are really beautiful too! Angie did a great job! Best Wishes is currently on sale for 25% off making it a super scraptastic deal!

2 comments:

Scrappycath said...

Wow, your roses came out beautiful! They are so cheery, I would sit and stare at them all day too! Thanks so much for the shout out to my blog/tutorial too! And your card is awesome!!! Now that I know you're a hairdresser, I can really understand your desire to play with scissors! :)

Unknown said...

I love the Roses!!