Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Shine by JennCk Designs

Puffy Box Hybrid Template by Thunderdragon. Ribbon by Offray.
Some people think that you can't use flowers when you scrap boy layouts. I am here to prove that you can! I love scrapping with flowers, and since my son is the main person that I scrap about, I use flowers frequently in layouts I create about him! Don't be worried that you will make the layout too feminine! It's all about the colors you choose and your background paper! That's why I love this new kit from JennCk Designs called Shine. The blue, green and neutral flowers make it the perfect "feminine" kit to use for a little boy! Notice the bold background? It makes the layout seem a bit more masculine too. I also like to try and to bring out the colors in his clothing - notice how his bright blue shirt matches the color scheme? It makes the layout seem more cohesive. And of course, using the coordinating Shine Template Pack is sure to help you create a fabulous layout! ;) You can also purchase the kit and template pack in a Bundle that comes with a few extras! (Plus it's 40% off!!) What tips do you have for scrapping boy layouts with flowers? Please leave a comment and share!

And of course I had to make a hybrid! I absolutely loved the patterned papers in this kit and chose the white one with flowers to make this cute pillow box. I bought a big roll of the ribbon that I used at Walmart for $1.97. I thought that was a pretty good deal for a fairly large sized roll! Now to fill it with candy and choose who to give it to... I think the cute little boy in my first layout would love to receive a pillow box full of candy. Yes. Yes he would! When I showed it to him he said "Oh pretty box Mommy! I like it!" Love that little boy. He's the best!

No comments: