Friday, March 4, 2011

Being Me - An Art Journal Collaboration Extraodinaire!

I am so excited to show to you this fabulous art journal kit by Studio Tangie and Studio Rosey Posey called Being Me! I consider myself a traditional scrapbooker, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate and see beauty in all types of scrapbooking! If you are like me, you might not know exactly what Art Journaling is! So I'm going to share with you a definition I found on about.com:

What is Art Journaling?

An art journal is a visual journal or diary, rather than a traditional diary or journal filled only with words. It’s a place where you give physical form to your thoughts, expectations and dreams, realities and events, everyday events and exceptional occasions. While an art journal can/does include memories, it’s not limited to these; it’s also about personal reflections, philosophies or observations. It’s for all sides of yourself, from expressing the childlike aspects of yourself that ‘responsible adults’ may scorn, to your darkest side and secrets. It’s for when you’re at home and when you’re traveling.

Whether you create the art or visuals in response to something you want to journal, or whether you use art as a starting point, doesn’t matter. Anything and everything goes: painting, drawing, pen and ink, doodling and noodling, stamping, photos, and collage.

An art journal is somewhere to save ideas, while a scrapbook is somewhere to save memories. A scrapbook is the intended end result, whereas an art journal is just a step on the path of creation. An art journal is a time capsule of your creativity.

So there you have it! Now you know what Art Journaling is!! I love the last part that says "An art journal is a time capsule of your creativity!" Sounds kind of romantic! I must take the plunge and try art journaling for myself! It sounds fabulous!! I already have ideas in my head of what I want to try! But for now, you get to see the traditional layout I created about the art class my DS and I just started! It's a Mommy and Me class and we both had such a great time! I love that he already loves art! His eyes just light up when he has a paintbrush or scissors in his hands! He must get that from me! (The scissors part anyways!)

If you want to see some fab layouts and awesome examples of Art Journaling, visit Studio Tangie's Gallery over at Scrapbookgraphics or her blog!

No comments: